Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How about some cheese to go with your wine

Recently I blogged about wines under $20. Well how about some cheese with your wine! I have to admit it; I'm a huge wine and cheese fan. Wine and cheese pair with anything on any occasion.

My first cheese pick is Roth Kase Moody Blue Cheese  http://www.rothkase.com/new.html. For all you smoky cheese lovers or anyone who's a fan of blue, this is the perfect cheese. This is the cheese you can eat with or without crackers, crumble in pasta (awesome), or have with a great Cotes de Rhone wine. Personally I had it with a red Zinfandel and I was in love!

A close second pick is Parrano cheese http://www.parrano.com/, what a wonderful cheese that pairs with just about anything. This delightful Parmesan cheese mixed with Gouda is the best of both worlds! My local grocery store cheese shop recommended me this one. I had it on flat bread with a Zinfandel to drink (again, I love Zin's). I've also had it with a Malbec and it worked too! It's great with red wine or if you're into white's try it with a Pinot Gris.

My all time favorite that never let's me down is of course Cambazola triple cream blue cheese http://www.cambozola.de/. This stuff is heaven! It is the best triple cream Brie cheese with accents of blue. It can be paired rice wafers and a Malbec to drink. This is a cheese that can be enjoyed with a dry sparkling wine.

Cheers,
Angela

Things that are in my pantry:




No comments:

Post a Comment