Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Spanish Wine That Caters to all Red Wine Drinkers


I'm a fan of a lot of Hispanic wine grapes, Tempranillo, Malbec (well this is a French grape but the Spanish do it better), and Rioja. Of course the new trendy grape coming out of the Hispanic countries is the Garnacha. 

I'm posting about the Bodegas Borsao Garnacha, I have tasted their Tempranillo and Syrah both were great. I was enthusiastic about trying the Garnacha since it's a lighter red wine that thrives in hot dry climates like Spain. (Basically you can't get it wrong in that type of climate) Garnacha is a grape that's used in a lot of different wines such as sparkling rose wines, red wine blends, table wine blends, and since it has a high sugar level it's used in fortified blends (things like Ports). 

Back to the Bodegas Borsao Garnacha, I opened the bottle and it had a wonderful bouquet of black pepper, rose, and raspberry. This wine had tastes of berries, spice, and a hint of vanilla. If you like a wine with a lot of spice and fruit then this is the wine. I'm serious that the after the first sip of wine, I was debating if I should finish off the bottle, it's a great drinking wine with friends. I paired it with some oriental brown sauce stir-fry and it went perfect with it. The price: Under $10, which doesn't hurt the wallet! 

Note of caution this is a high alcohol content wine 14% alcohol, I would suggest you swirl the glass to get the alcohol fumes out of the glass before you smell. This is a wine that needs to breathe for about 15 to 20 minutes. 


1 comment:

  1. I am able to say that you can get the best collection of best wine and champagne on the globe spanish red wine at this shop, like a connoisseur which I happen to be, I can tell that you will come across the finest selection of choicest champagne and wine in all the world.

    ReplyDelete